I belong to the Valdosta Board of Realtors MLS (Multiple Listing Service), which allows me to buy and sell houses in Berrien, Brooks, Cook, Lanier, and Lowndes counties. Cities in this area include Adel, Hahira, Lake Park, Lakeland, Ray City, and Valdosta.
- Valdosta is the 11th largest city in Georgia.
- Valdosta has a population is over 48,000+.
- Valdosta was ranked top places to retire in the south by Retirement Lifestyles magazine in 2007.
- Valdosta was one of six cities in Georgia honored as a 2007 "Trendsetter" by the Georgia Municipal Association (GMA).
- Lowndes County has a population of 100,000+ and is one of Georgia's fastest-growing counties.
- Valdosta is one of only 11 cities from across the country to receive the Audrey Nelson Community Development Achievement Award from the National Community Development Association.
- Tourists spent over $200 million dollars in the Valdosta-Lowndes County area in 2006.
- Retail sales top $2.8 billion annually.
- Valdosta has the 4th highest retail pull factor, pulling consumers from 15-17 counties.
- Valdosta was voted by Expansion Solutions magazine as the fifth destination location for logistics in the nation.
- Valdosta Regional Airport has one of the longest runways in the state.
- Valdosta is a three time winner of the Magnolia Award given by the Georgia Department of Community Affairs.
- The composer of "Jingle Bells," James Lord Pierpoint, was from Valdosta.
- Famous gunfighter and gambler, Doc Holliday, was born in Valdosta.
- The Valdosta High School Wildcat football team, which has won more games than any other high school in the nation, has given rise to the city's nickname -- "Winnersville."
- Georgia Military College
- Lowndes County School Systems
- St. John Catholic School
- Valdosta City Schools
- Valdosta State University
- Valwood School
- Valdosta Technical College
- Smith Northview Hospital
- South Georgia Medical Center
Things to Do:
- Annette Howell Turner Center for the Arts
- Azalea City Cyclists
- Lowndes County Historical Society and Museum
- South Georgia Regional Library
- Theater Guild Valdosta
- Wild Adventures Theme Park